What's This All About?

In my words and pictures you will see my life ~ the good days and the better days. (Are there any other type of days?) The title of this blog is inspired by my Late Aunt Lily who lived to see 100 years who always stated "if you don't use you'll lose it". This is all about how we use life to win (never lose) at it according to me!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Got Next...

So after much contemplation and not very much prepration, I am throwing my hat in for the 2011 CrossFit Open.  I am still trying to figure out the new format, but I am super excited about the number of ElmCity CrossFit members who have also made the commitment to this event! 

If you know me, you will know that CrossFit is perfect for me.  The "constantly varied" philosophy of CrossFit aligns perfectly with my "constantly varied" lifestyle. Everyday I have to be nimble and quick on my feet and CrossFit prepares me for this. I have been CrossFitting for a little over two years now and absolutely adore my ECC family!

My ECC Crew - Bad A$$, Canadian QT, Coach Wheels & Coach Joe

I had the pleasure of competing in last year's sectionals and was humbled and amazed at regionals.  I still smile both on the inside and outside thinking of how I attempted and failed miserably at my first hand stand push ups!  Whose idea was it to have me TRY them outside on concrete in front of spectators for the first time?!??!??!?!?!   I kept trying and trying and trying.  First trying to get inverted, then trying to push myself out of the bottom.  I just remember looking at my Coaches and my husband and thinking..."I am too old for this crap!"  Wait, how about when I went down for a hand stand push up and my hair product made my head slide OFF of the mat....I couldn't write a better comedy

Attempt number 2 zillion at hand stand push ups

But after a helluva year, I still decided to come back for more.  All I can do is my absolute best, bubble gut and all...So, after the scaled divisions go off this weekend at the box...when I hear 3-2-1 and the infamous beep...know..."I Got Next!"  Good Luck Everyone!

2 comments: