What's This All About?

In my words and pictures you will see my life ~ the good days and the better days. (Are there any other type of days?) The title of this blog is inspired by my Late Aunt Lily who lived to see 100 years who always stated "if you don't use you'll lose it". This is all about how we use life to win (never lose) at it according to me!

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Art of the Dougie

"They be like smoove 'what?', can you teach me how to Dougie?" 

What is it about those few words, that gets people bouncin' onto the dance floor?  Is it the beat?  (pretty basic) Is it the lyrics? (couldn't possibly be).

To me, it's a feelgood "throwback" to hip hop.  Ol' Skool' realizes that it's a gift to the original Doug E. Fresh.  When we went to the TJMS Family Reunion last year, Doug E. Fresh recognized Cali Swag District for their embracing of ol skool hip hop.  It was a GREAT moment on stage (amongst many...If you have never been to a TJMS event, I encourage you to do so TFAD!)

Doug E. Fresh discusses the impact of "The Dougie" and the moment that we saw them on stage together in Florida!


USE IT MOMENT
Use this song to show YOUR Dougie.  Everybody's doing it. 

Chris Brown


Wolf Blitzer


My First Lady Michelle Obama - Get Me Bodied is one of my Favorite Party Songs Eva!  Beyonce Remade the Song for the Fight Against Childhood Obesity Campaign.  The FLOTUS Dougie is in the beginning part of the video.  I don't know about you, but I <3 "friend in my head" Michelle!


LOSE IT MOMENT
At this point, you might as well lose the feeling of hating the Dougie.  Embrace it!  All you have to do is...
"Put your arms out front, lean side to side"....

My "nephew" Jalen and "niece" Cori getting it in


I'm impartial, but my ABSOLUTE favortist is the video below!  Nemo on the Dougie, me on lyrics and video!


Check out the bonus video of our girlfriend family Holiday gathering.  Watch Nemo!  LOL!  It was all fun and games until the countdown started at the end!  LOL!  Thanks Uncle Rik for catching all of the video!  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment