What's This All About?

In my words and pictures you will see my life ~ the good days and the better days. (Are there any other type of days?) The title of this blog is inspired by my Late Aunt Lily who lived to see 100 years who always stated "if you don't use you'll lose it". This is all about how we use life to win (never lose) at it according to me!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Happily Ever After

4:40A Friday Morning, my alarm went off...Not for the Royal Wedding, as I was tired of hearing about it, but my alarm goes off every morning at 4:40A.  My intention was to get over to ElmCity CrossFit and go HAM on the WOD!  Instead, I awoke to the Royal Wedding on every channel, grabbed my blanket and went downstairs to begin watching it....

I was glued to the TV, just as I was as a 7 year old little girl laid out across Aunt Lilly's bed with her two poodles Todd & Cherie watching Princess Diana and Prince Charles marry 30 years earlier.  Ummmm, did I just date myself?  I think I did...Oh well! 


Me, Aunt Lily and Nonnie at my bridal shower back in 2003

First, I was mesmerized by the fashion of the hats and pieces of the Brits.  I loved the edginess of some and the delicate beauty of others. 







Next, was the car game.  Rolls Royce's, Range Rover's, Aston Martin's, Jaguars....I have never been a car girl, but great gooogly moogly those were some BAD cars!



It wasn't until I saw Prince's William and Harry emerge that my heart just skipped a beat.  I watched the two of them come out and I began to cry like a baby.  I felt like a Mom watching my babies grow from boys to men.  Prince William, the face and mannerisms of his mother, Lady Di, dazzled us all in his regal uniform.  Watching the brothers make their entrance to the car was unbelievable.  How great to watch them together on the royal stage together.  This time so much different than the last time back in September of 1997, we remember trailing behind their "Mummy", heads down, faces confused.

One of the saddest days caught on TV
"This is mad"
William such a King in waiting
Harry is such a "bad boy" <3 him, crazy hair and all!
Checking out his sister-in-law, so sneaky...knowing Wills can't turn around!


When Katie entered the fishbowl car, we could not wait to see her full gown at Westminster Abbey.  She, like her sister Pippa did not disappoint in Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen (another British fashion icon genius).  Perfectly fit to her, for her, she was radiant (although I feel they should have steamed out her veil a little better, added a little more padding/cups, and the train could have been longer - more dramatic).  Who would have thought that she could be any more beautiful than she already is!
Get it Pippa!
Their eyes say so much to each other...Naughty boy!

I ended up having to go to work as soon as the ceremony was through.  But thanks to the magic of replay, I was able to catch the infamous Buckingham Palace scenes.  The now Duchess of Cambridge Catherine coming out and saying "wow" to the adoring royal watchers before her and William asking for the kiss.  We know that wasn't the first kiss as a married couple, but it was enough for us.  Finally, the peak over her shoulder as if to say, "I need to savor this moment, it can't be real..."



Yes, Duchess Catherine of Cambridge..."this is real!"


USE IT MOMENT
Admittedly, I believe, ok, I know that I became a bit obsessed.  But every little girl grows up wishing her Prince Charming comes and sweeps her off her feet and then you live Happily Ever After.  The beautiful gown, the shiny tiara, , the glass slipper, the carriage ride, the first dance, the flawless makeup, the march down the aisle, the consistent whispers of I Love You, the home full of well behaved happy children.  On Friday morning, I was able to feel like that little girl again.  Because, I don't care what you say, no one does it like the Royals....This was "No TV Week", as determined by the school, but between me and you, when I woke Nemo up, I reminded him that this is how every Prince should treat his Princess.  How happy was I to see, that he too, was mesmerized.  I think it was moreso the parade than anything else!


My Fairy Tale Moment
My Prince in Waiting on Easter Sunday



LOSE IT MOMENT
OMG!  There was so much cynicism on FaceBook, in the office, on the radio.  I get it, royal watching is not for everyone, especially men.  Sorry fella's.  But, even if you were not into the royal wedding, LOSE the whole Will and Kate thing!  We know that life throws us curve balls, lemons, everything that glitters ain't gold and all of that other bad stuff.  BELIEVE ME I KNOW!!!!  We know that even when you find your Prince or Princess it takes hard work and a lot of blood, sweat and tears to fill in those not so blue skies between the Fairy Tale wedding and the Happily Ever After (TFAD)....

Yet, this was the perfect opportunity to dream....to wish upon a star, to recharge, breathe new air into anything that was dying...inevitably, you would take a leap closer to making your dream a reality. 

Ok, now that it's all over, JUST SMILE!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I love this post bc I was all caught up in the moment too and felt like a little girl watching "Cinderella"! It made me think for a moment that I too am deserving of footmen to carry my train ( a girl can dream right?) Definitely a priceless moment and it gave me a much needed positive boost for my own upcoming nuptials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherena, your day will be BEAUTIFUL for you! If you need me to, I will get Ray Ray and dem to carry your train....Let me know if you need my help at all.

    I did notice that she could have used a few more cups in the front. Mariella's would have taken care of that ;-)

    I think I'm done crying over this at least. The obsessing has subsided, even if it's just a little bit!

    Princess Sherena, now it's your time to shine!

    ReplyDelete